- 1 large ripe D’Anjou Pear.. Peeled and diced
- 1 package Miracle Rice
- ½ c. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 small packet NuStevia sweetener
- Glucomannan Powder
- Slivered almonds for topping
- Optional : 1 scoop “Goatein” or 1/4 c milk or cream. (For those like me with cow's milk allergy, "Goatein" is a goat milk protein powder)
- Prepare Miracle Rice according to package direction. Set aside.
- Peel and dice pear. Set aside
- Combine almond milk, almond extract, vanilla extract, milk or cream and one packet NuStevia sweetener. ( If using Goatein powder, put all ingredients in a jar and put lid on the jar and shake until all ingredients are mixed.)
- Pour into sauce pan and cook on low heat.
- When liquid is heated, begin adding Glucomannan powder into liquid while stirring constantly. Begin with 4 or 5 good shakes of the shaker while stirring. After about a minute, do it again. Keep stirring until liquid thickens like a creamy sauce. It takes about 5 or 6 minutes for it to thicken.
- Remove from heat. Add pears and miracle rice.
- Refrigerate. Before serving, top with slivered almonds.
Note: if pears are little too firm you can soften them by covering bottom of sauce pan with water and cooking the pears slightly. You don't want them too get mushy. Enjoy!!