- 1 lb ground beef or turkey. I use a mixture of both.
- 1-12 oz can of Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1-12 oz can of green beans
- ½ lb baby carrots
- 12 oz can chicken broth
- 2-3 stalks of celery, washed and diced
- 2 pkg Miracle Noodle rice, rinsed WELL
- 6 corn tortillas cut into strips and fried till crispy. Lightly salted if desired.
- Grated jack cheese for garnishing.
- Hot sauce and lemon juice for a special little kick if desired.
- In a large pot, brown the ground turkey/beef so it is similar in size to meat balls.
- Add the diced celery, carrots at this time and stir gently while the meat is being cooked through.
- After about 5 minutes, add canned green beans, Italian stewed tomatoes including the juices from the cans and the chicken broth.
- While soup is simmering prep the Miracle Rice by rinsing well.
- Add to the meat mixture and continue simmering. Then cut corn tortillas in to strips and fry in HOT oil till crispy.
- Remove strips from oil, place on paper towel to drain and lightly salt.
- Pour bowl of soup and add a dash of chili and lemon juice if you choose. I like to because I like my food spicy. You can also garnish. Enjoy!!